Paleo 30-Day Experiment - Day 17

Still hanging in there on Day 17.   Getting into the routine of buying, preparing, and generally keeping a steady food stock in my kitchen.  My next step is finding a local farm for my supply of grass fed beef.  I did find the list of the farms on this wonderful Eat Wild website.  Now it's just a matter of going to get the beef!   Or chicken or pork.  I am so happy to find out that I can go to a local farm for some great, grain free, sustainable food sources.  We won't have time to get to any this weekend but hoping for a food run by the end of the month.

Only had one temptation day in work so far.  We had a Department social with lots of "rewarding" sweet food.  I really would have loved to have tried the butterscotch/chocolate chip brownies because they smelled so good but it wasn't that hard to leave them alone.  My observation that day was that here I was on my "plan" and avoiding the sweets and it was somewhat of a challenge to me yet no one else in the room was eating the cake, cookies, and brownies either and it was no big deal to them at all.  It was an eye opener for me.  If I wasn't on Whole 30 I probably would have been the only one in the room eating one and the last one that should have been either if one as measuring body size... So, saved again by Whole 30 and I continue on!

Today I had leftover filet mignon from New Year's day for breakfast and blueberries.  Not grass fed but it was what I had available to eat.  Therefore my need to fill the freezer with the right kind of beef.  Lunch was a HUGE spinach salad with asparagus, tuna and sliced almonds.  Dinner, leftover pork tenderloin, broccoli, more blueberries with some coconut milk on top.

Time for some eye appealing dinners for more photos.

Comments