312 Chicago Paleo Meal

312 Chicago Italian Restaurant in Chicago, IL.  It's an italian restaurant in downtown Chicago that I found when searching for a Paleo meal to enjoy while on vacation.  Normally you would not think of an Italian restaurant as a go to choice for a Paleo meal but this one seemed to fit.  I read that it had organic foods, and gluten free items on the menu.  With our love of Italian food and the fact that it had a few items that might fit for both of us we gave it a try.

Here are a few of the items we enjoyed:  First, the appetizer.  My husband loves octopus and usually gets some kind of ceviche or seafood mix for an appetizer so this one worked well.  Grilled Octopus with shrimp and assorted vegetables.  He loved it.  So that was his paleo non dairy choice. 

Next, my appetizer was one of my favorites and if it's on the menu I usually get it.  Here's the beef carpaccio.  Nice chilled slices of rare beef with some capers, arugula and thin slices of fresh mushrooms topped with slices of parmesan cheese.  Not exactly Paleo with the cheese but since I rarely eat dairy these days I went with it.


And for my Paleo meal they had Bison Flank Steak on the menu for a special!  I asked the waiter to see if they could substitute the potatoes for one of their vegetable side dishes and here it it... Yellow and green beans with Tuscan Kale topped with the Bison steak and some roasted red peppers.  Yum!


So, yes, Paleo can be done in an Italian restaurant!



Comments