30 Day Paleo Experiment - Day 2


Day 2.  Still doing fine.  Had a nice egg white omelet for breakfast this time with some leftover chicken, sliced almonds and fresh spinach.  Then I took a quick photo of tonight's dinner before turning the crock pot on to cook a nice porketta with cauliflower.  I had already put it together last night so all I had to do was turn it on.

Today one of my co-workers brought in some really delicious looking home baked cookies to share with the department.  Normally I would have been all over those but I managed to keep my hands and mind off them.  After a nice salad for lunch and some more leftover chicken I was fine for the rest of the day at work.  

Once I got home I was ready for dinner.  I had bought the porketta from the local butcher all ready put together with some spices and spinach.  The only other thing I added was some Kitchen Basics organic beef broth.  It is the only beef broth I've ever found that didn't have some hydrolized something or yeast and sugars in it.  Although it listed honey as an ingredient there were 0 grams of sugar in the ingredients.  Only problem with this roast was that it cooked longer than it should have even with the setting on low.  Was still pretty good though!

I had started this plan with little actual planning for the food though so I need to get my grocery list together and get moving otherwise I know I'm going to run into a problem.  I'm getting a little nervous about the weekend.  If I can manage to lay low, keep close to home and do some exercising I will be fine.  One day at a time!

Back to nomnompaleo.com to look at some of her great recipe pics :-)

Comments