Paleo Hamburger and Cauliflower Casserole
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hr
1 large head organic cauliflower
2 lbs ground grass-fed beef
1 tblsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon Hawaiian Sea Salt
pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried Pasta Sprinkle herb mix (basically any mix of oregano, parsley, thyme, etc.) whatever you like
½ cup coconut milk (I used Native Forest, unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk, Full Fat)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Blanch the cauliflower (al dente) and then remove it from heat, drain and set aside.
• Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add olive or coconut oil and sauté the onions and garlic (just a couple of minutes). Add the ground beef and season liberally with salt and pepper, cumin, and oregano mix of herbs. Cook the beef and break up into small pieces with a spatula while cooking. When almost cooked through, remove the meat, onion, and garlic mixture and set aside.
• Beat the eggs and coconut milk together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Break up the cauliflower into florets.
• In a casserole pan layer the meat mixture, then cauliflower, then beef mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the top and mix into the casserole.
• Sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds.
• Cover and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Remove lid and bake for 15 minutes longer to brown the almonds. Remove and serve warm. Yum!